About Me

My photo
This blog chronicles my adventures since my junior year of college to..everywhere. Primarily it consists of life experiences and God stories in Honduras, Costa Rica, and Panama. Enjoy and God bless!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

AMCA: Last Days


Read this first for background on the teaching English ministry: AMCA Day 1.
We had our last class on Wed, March 28th. It was very bittersweet. Bitter to say goodbye after these three months of weekly classes together, and sweet to reflect on how much our students have learned during that time and see them put it into practice. The second to last class was spent on how to ask for/give directions and doing an airport roleplay. The class began with Janae, our awesome and faithful volunteer, teaching the students the hokey pokey as a fun review of "right" and "left."

I taught the cardinal directions and helpful phrases to use when you're giving directions. I also had students roleplay with maps: 1 person being lost and the 2nd telling the person how to get to where they needed to go. They did a great job!

Edward led the second half of the class, focusing on airport vocabulary and practicing what to say at the check in desk.

Our students are dedicated, hard workers, and I know they will continue to learn English, well after we leave.


The greatest privilege for me in the whole AMCA experience has been getting to attend the Bible Study that happens every Wednesday, an hour before class starts. We've shared an amazing journey through the book of John; they have learned English words along the way, but more than that been given a clear view of who Jesus Christ is and why He came.

During the Bible Study, Chris Gault would ask if there were any new words in the passage. This experience deepened my faith and gave me an increased ability to communicate God's truth, as I tried to explain the meaning of words like "faith," "grace," "glorify" and "sanctify."


Mark, Edward, Polin, and I. Polin asked to take a picture with us to show how short she is! She is so sweet and gave both Edward and I avocados as a thank-you gift.



I will miss the AMCA crew (teachers and students)!

It has been a wonderful learning experience, full of mutual encouragement and abundant joy!
I pray that God continues to work in and through the lives of the students who attended
and who will attend next trimester!

Ephesians 3:16-18

No comments: