About Me

My photo
This blog chronicles my adventures since my junior year of college to..everywhere. Primarily it consists of life experiences and God stories in Honduras, Costa Rica, and Panama. Enjoy and God bless!

Sunday, May 24, 2015

La Ampliacion: Part 2

These friendly volunteers handed out ice-cold water bottles to every visitor and were much obliged to take a photo with me.


Part 2, continued from Part 1

Like I said, it was a reminder of God's total undeserved grace getting to pass through the inspection and enter the canal locks. I tried to text Esther on the bus with an excited message, "They let me in!" and a plan to reunite afterward. But, possibly due to the other hundreds of people trying to access the data, my phone message would not go through. 

"Okay Lord," I silently prayed, looking out the window at the view of the construction. "You've brought me this far. Now, if it's your will, please please help me find Esther."

I knew it was a long shot, especially when we stepped off the bus, and there was such a large crowd of people that people were barely moving! Cheers rang out from a team of volunteers wearing "Soy Parte de La Historia" t-shirts. I really did feel like I was experiencing an unforgettable part of history!




I meandered through the crowd, enjoying the sights and joining others in gawking at the enormity and immensity of the project. I couldn't imagine how big the ships would be that would pass through this space. An incredible accomplishment, and this was built and owned by Panama!

Making my way around the coned off area, I glanced to my left. There was a crowd of maybe a hundred-or so people in just that small area, and I thought maybe they were looking at something. Turns out, they were only heading towards the exit, but couldn't move any faster, because there were so many people. I scanned the crowd, hoping against all hope that I would catch a glimpse of Esther.

Suddenly, I saw her. But not only did I see her, but she saw me, and she was waving at me!!

My eyes widened in shock, and I whooped for joy! She couldn't believe it either, and I signaled above the crowd, "I'll meet you over there!" pointing to a somewhat less crowded space on her side.

"What are the odds of finding Esther in such a massive amount of people??" I wondered as I slid by the multitudes of people with selfie sticks and Panama flags. 

"Well, you did ask me.." I imagined God gently tapping my shoulder as a reminder, "I'm here, and I'm all powerful. Why did you doubt?"

"Oh yeah.." I chuckled to myself, brimming with such undescribable joy. My God answers prayer! This was no mere coincidence. 

I made my way over to Esther, and we gave each other a huge hug. We started laughing, "I can't believe we found each other!" we said almost simultaneously agreeing.

And, of course, who should be coming over the bridge right behind us, but the Fernandez family. They had all made it as well! We made sure to take photo together, thanking God the whole time!

The tour concluded with a bus ride up to see the view from above, but I just couldn't get over the fact that Esther and I found each other! We stood admiring the view, but most of all, admiring the work of a loving and omnipotent God who answers prayer in personal and miraculous ways!




James 5:16b-18
"The prayer of righteous person is powerful and effective. Elijah was a human being, even as we are. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain and it did not rain on the land for three and half years. Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops."


No comments: