About Me

My photo
This blog chronicles my adventures since my junior year of college to..everywhere. Primarily it consists of life experiences and God stories in Honduras, Costa Rica, and Panama. Enjoy and God bless!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"You will be my witnesses.."

Last night, I helped out with the Jewish Community's High Holy Days. It was the eve of Rosh Hashanah, and I was able to teach the kids as I myself learned about this important holiday in the Jewish calendar. I was struck by the Jewish tradition of reflecting on the past year, tallying the balance of good vs. bad deeds and determining whether they are in the Book of Life. It was deeply saddening to watch these people, so in awe of God and familiar with His history of faithfulness, living their lives without an acknowledgment of God's grace.
I am reminded of:

Titus 3:4-6

"But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior."


No comments: