About Me

My photo
This blog chronicles my adventures since my junior year of college to..everywhere. Primarily it consists of life experiences and God stories in Honduras, Costa Rica, and Panama. Enjoy and God bless!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bendiciones

My week has been filled with bendiciones (blessings), especially those of my parents coming to visit me in Tegucigalpa and our special time spent together as they saw and experienced "my world"!

Bendiciones:
-My parents safely came and left Teguc. on the road and on the plane. (thanks for everybody's prayers!!)
-A relaxing stay at a hotel in Tela; pool, beach, balcony, air conditioning
-Bicycling with my dad all around Tela, then walking on the beach
-Joining in a Zumba meets Chepe's dance class onstage
-Watching the sunset while sharing seafood soup (more like seafood surprise!)
-The smiling taxi driver who we found out was a Christian! So fun to connect and hear how God is working in Tela!
-Having my assistant substitute for me so I could have Monday to spend con mis padres.

During the week:
-Unzipping the duffel bags to unpack the deliveries and surprises from home!
*Thanks to the Chases and the Melhams for your encouraging letters!*

-Dinner with my housemates + Dan, then with my Bible Study group
-Team teaching with my Mom about the Mayan bartering system
-Having my Dad super-clean my whiteboard...discovering it is white underneath!
-Competing in an informal IST teachers' Spelling Bee competition
("logarithm"-the only time I wished I'd been a math major...not)
-Saying goodbye but knowing it'll only be 10 weeks until summer :)

1 Peter 4 (Message)
7-11Everything in the world is about to be wrapped up, so take nothing for granted. Stay wide-awake in prayer. Most of all, love each other as if your life depended on it. Love makes up for practically anything. Be quick to give a meal to the hungry, a bed to the homeless—cheerfully. Be generous with the different things God gave you, passing them around so all get in on it: if words, let it be God's words; if help, let it be God's hearty help. That way, God's bright presence will be evident in everything through Jesus, and he'll get all the credit as the One mighty in everything—encores to the end of time. Oh, yes!

May we always be filled with that kind of enthusiasm for serving the Lord, wherever He leads us!

No comments: