About Me

My photo
This blog chronicles my adventures since my junior year of college to..everywhere. Primarily it consists of life experiences and God stories in Honduras, Costa Rica, and Panama. Enjoy and God bless!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Bienvenidos a Costa Rica!



I arrived yesterday afternoon, spent most of the day unpacking/getting organized, and getting to know my Tica family. Se llaman Geraldo, Iris y Yasmin (tiene 21 años).

Thankfully they are very patient with my half-baked attempts at the language and correct me along the way!

This morning, I went with Geraldo y Iris to the local market to buy fruit/vegetables.
Muy barato (cheap)! We bought 21+ bananas for under a dollar. There is even one vendor that gives away free fruit if you buy 3+ products from him. You pick a marble out of a jar and if it has a number on it, you've won a bag of free fruit! Fun! I will have to go back and visit that stand again.


This is a view of my patio (backyard). It has high walls covered in vines and gorgeous flowers!
There's even a banana tree! (below)



My breakfast this morning: tamale y cafe. Que rico!


My host dad, Geraldo, showing off how large the head of lettuce is. He's wearing a Costa Rican futbol jersey.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Yay Laura! I love fruit. What a cool marble idea. Haha. :) that's soooo many bananas! Loves!

-Kelly c.

diazoo said...

Those are gorgeous bananas! How fun. :)