About Me

My photo
This blog chronicles my adventures since my junior year of college to..everywhere. Primarily it consists of life experiences and God stories in Honduras, Costa Rica, and Panama. Enjoy and God bless!

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Gamboa Union Church


One Sunday I had the privilege of attending Gamboa Union Church, about 45 minutes outside the city. It was amazing to sit in the pews of a church I had heard a great deal about while growing up and meet and talk with Pastor Wilbur, a long time friend of my grandpa. Over the years, the little church has maintained its focus on seeking and saving the lost, whether through overseas mission, welcoming different YWAM teams, or ministering to the indigenous groups in the area. It was a joy to worship in this diverse and welcoming church body.

I recently finished reading Pastor Wilbur's book, entitled: Finding Freedom in Panama. It is his incredible account of ministering to prisoners at the Renacer and Modelo prisons during a time of political unrest in Panama. I was awe-struck to hear how God, in all His sovereignty, redeemed some of the worst situations imaginable and used them to set many spiritual captives free, forever changing lives by the power of Christ and the transforming work of the Holy Spirit.

Second, I was struck by the lesson that: When we obey, God blesses. Even if it's our "little lunch of loaves and fishes", God will multiply what we surrender to Him to use and use it in a way that we never imagined was possible. So what do we have to fear?

2 Timothy 1:7
"For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love, and of self-discipline."


No comments: