About Me

My photo
This blog chronicles my adventures since my junior year of college to..everywhere. Primarily it consists of life experiences and God stories in Honduras, Costa Rica, and Panama. Enjoy and God bless!

Monday, July 17, 2017

A Life of Legacy



Some of you know that my life-long hero, my Grandpa Hall, went to be with Jesus this past February. Bob Hall was someone I greatly admired: because of his zeal to share the gospel with everyone and his childlike faith that God would always provide.

My family waited until I was home to hold a memorial service for my Grandpa down in Pomona, California, where he grew up. My mom read his life story, my dad gave a message, relatives and his close friends shared memories, and we sang my Grandpa's favorite hymns together.

I shared a poem I had modified, originally written for my Grandpa's 80th birthday. The poem references many phrases my Grandpa would say, as he was extremely witty and had an extraordinary memory. My life's circle include many similar steps as my Grandfather: both graduating from Westmont College, both attending language school at ILE (Instituto de Lenguas Espanolas) in San Jose, Costa Rica, and both serving as missionaries in Panama City, Panama. His legacy lives on.

A Poem for Grandpa Hall, by Laura Diaz Ortega

Full of years you contemplate
And impart this sweet music
Of wisdom, words that resonate
With life I want to mimic

Relying on God, firm tower, your rock
Strong in His power you stand
You can say “That was easy,” and walk
Knowing your life’s in His hands

A long journey of sacrifice
Countries crossed over the decades
Humbly point to Heaven’s sight
Where the heart’s treasure never fades

The crown of splendor you wear
Is not faded gray, but bright white
Through the trials and sorrows you bear
You shine before men as God’s light

Now you experience His glory divine
His providence seen many ways
Praising His name, “Hooray for our side!”
Serving Yahweh all your days





No comments: