About Me

My photo
This blog chronicles my adventures since my junior year of college to..everywhere. Primarily it consists of life experiences and God stories in Honduras, Costa Rica, and Panama. Enjoy and God bless!

Friday, June 11, 2010

Comunidad (Community)

Comparing classroom supply lists with experienced teachers, receiving valuable resources, and moving a few things into my own classroom made up the first part of the day on Wednesday. To be able to spend time with IST teachers and hear their personal stories of teaching and living in Honduras was an incredible gift. It was evident through our conversations that community would be an important part of my experience next year.

Whether sharing lesson ideas, cab rides to the grocery store, trips outside the country, or Bible Study potlucks, it was obvious that the teachers served as amazing encouragement in each others' lives. Having seen this, I look forward even more to being part of the IST community!

I also learned that there are multiple churches in Tegucigalpa that IST teachers can get involved in. Most services are in Spanish, although some churches offer an English translation or even a separate evening service in English. I really want to be immersed in as much Spanish as I can, while still being encouraged in the Word, so I may choose to go to two services or alternate weeks having the English translation. I also hope to connect with some Christian Honduran families, as establishing new relationships is the best part of living abroad. : )

No comments: