About Me

My photo
This blog chronicles my adventures since my junior year of college to..everywhere. Primarily it consists of life experiences and God stories in Honduras, Costa Rica, and Panama. Enjoy and God bless!

Friday, June 11, 2010

World Cup 2010


Friday, June 11, 2010

Today, the FIFA World Cup 2010 began. Here in Honduras, the World Cup is a big deal, and an even bigger deal because their team qualified for the tournament. I bought a Honduran futbol jersey in Valle de Angeles and wore it today to the mall and to Micah Project. Everyone else was wearing their blue/white jerseys too! At the Micah outreach, people thought I was Honduran..until I hesitated on some Spanish words.

We did watch about 10 minutes of the Mexico v. South Africa game at breakfast; the dining staff would yell across the hotel courtyard the score of the game to other staff members. The game really drew people together. Very fun!

Also the World Cup Song ("Waving Flag") is stuck in my head. It is played frequently in the shopping centers. Here are some lines from the Spanish version that they play here:

Give me freedom Give me fire
Cuando sea mas viejo, sere mas fuerte
Ellos me llamaran libertad, al igual que un bandera ondulante

Y luego volveran
Y luego volveran
Y luego volveran
Y luego...

-It's so catchy. Here's a link, if you want to hear/watch it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBvE6tLZFoI

No comments: