About Me

My photo
This blog chronicles my adventures since my junior year of college to..everywhere. Primarily it consists of life experiences and God stories in Honduras, Costa Rica, and Panama. Enjoy and God bless!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Prayer for 100 years..and then some

As I sit here in the Sacramento airport, I contemplate the amount of encouragement and prayer I have received over the past few weeks. From laying on of hands at Bible Study to the warm hugs at my Adios party, I have been richly blessed by friends and family interceding for my journey.

Thank you to all who committed to praying for me, all who fixed my missionary card to their fridge, all who gave me scripture or shared about your time in Honduras, and all who have been influential in bringing me to this point. All of your time and prayers have meant more than you know, and God who is faithful will answer.

At International School Tegucigalpa (IST), each elementary school teacher selects a class verse for the year. As I prayed about what verse to share with my 4th grade students, I was reminded of countless times in my life when God had answered prayer (often in ways I could never plan) and particularly of His promise in Jeremiah 33:3.

So as you continue to pray and follow me along this adventure of serving God in Honduras, be reminded that God is sovereign and that He hears, provides wisdom, and works in ways we would never expect.

Jer. 33:3
'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'

No comments: