About Me

My photo
This blog chronicles my adventures since my junior year of college to..everywhere. Primarily it consists of life experiences and God stories in Honduras, Costa Rica, and Panama. Enjoy and God bless!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sin Agua

(Without Water.)

Psalm 63:1
"You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water."

I took a nap after school today; either I'm getting sick or the last days of school are just wearing on me. When I awoke, I was incredibly thirsty. But, as I walked to the kitchen, I found not only was there no more fresh water, but that our entire water supply in our house had run out! No dirty water either! My housemates and I were incredibly frustrated--so many things we need require water.

But then I stopped and thought about this verse. Thinking about how God provided for the Israelites in the desert, how there are several people in the world who don't have water everyday, especially clean water..I pray that God will give me a grateful heart despite daily upsets or unexpected lacking of what I deem necessity. So, take a minute and pray with me for the world that 1) people can get the water they need, 2) they will thirst after God, like someone in the middle of a dry desert. That God would fill us with His Living Water and be our Oasis, where we can refresh our souls.

No comments: