About Me

My photo
This blog chronicles my adventures since my junior year of college to..everywhere. Primarily it consists of life experiences and God stories in Honduras, Costa Rica, and Panama. Enjoy and God bless!

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Wedding Day


Photo Credit: TreCreative 
(aka: my amazing brother and sister-in-law)


Link to official WEDDING VIDEO produced by TreCreative



Photo and Video: The Trecreative Team: Stephen and Chelsey, joined by photographers Brittney and Caleb
Dress: Always Elegant Bridal
Earrings: Clarice Aleman de Garcia
Decoration: Mynt Eventos
Audio/Visual and Decoration: The Ten Tu Evento Team: Luis, Juan, and Veni Cabareda, and Jovanni Ortega
Catering: Ruben Tribaldos
Cake/Dessert table: ilimoncake and Franybek Rojas
DJ: Vox Sonido, Gerry Gonzalez
Photo Booth: Go Media
Translator: Eduardo Garcia
Hotel for the bridal party:  Hotel Riu Panama

Site: Panama Viejo
Personalized tumblers: Titi @faithstore.pty




















It was the best day of my life, and I think it will remain the best day of my life forever.


It was a day of dreaming, a day of preparation, a day of collaboration, a day of celebration. It was a day where your heart is brimming and your soul is smiling, and you try to cup every minute in your hands to save for later. It was the day I said “I do” to Jovanni Jose Ortega.


A day much believed in and prayed for.
A day filled with miracles and surprises.
A day when even I wanted to dance--the joy was too great to stay still.












Miracle #1:
It did not rain during the wedding.
You have to understand--we live in Panama. Panama is tropical, and it rains everyday except during dry season Dec-March when it doesn’t rain at all.


Well this particular dry season, it was raining, and, in fact, downpouring the first half of December. Planning an outside wedding in Panama Viejo, we circled that day in prayer. Please Jesus, don’t let it rain during the wedding day.


We prayed and prayed. Our church prayed. My parents’ church prayed. Complete strangers prayed.


And God answered!


There was a little sprinkling the morning of the wedding day during set-up, and then it didn’t rain the rest of the day! In fact, praise God, it was a gorgeous evening, complete with a breeze that cooled off the bridal party after our sunny mid-afternoon photo shoot. The skies were clear and the colors of the sunset radiant as our hanging decoration lights flickered on and we shared our first kiss as husband and wife.


photo credit: Go Media































































































Miracle #2
My Dad’s voice came back!
My Dad is a pastor, and I’ve always dreamed about him walking me down the aisle to give me away and then turning around and leading my wedding ceremony.  This dream was almost shattered when, my Dad, who never gets sick, woke up the day after he arrived in Panama with a gravelly voice and sore throat. He was losing his voice and could barely speak. I looked at him in disbelief: The wedding was just one day away!


My wise fiance prescribed him to gargle lime with vinegar and salt, and we all prayed. Restore his voice, Lord.


The rehearsal dinner came, and I had to lead the rehearsal while my Dad rested his voice. It was strange for some of my friends to meet him for the first time and not hear his deep voice, a huge part of his personality and difficult on him too.


We continued to pray, and everyone rested on Saturday night.


Sunday morning, the day of the wedding, I awoke early to prepare for the makeup/hair artists to arrive. My mom came by to check on me first. “How’s Dad?” was the first question I asked.


My mom reached out and took my hand. She smiled. “It’s a miracle. His voice is back!”


Praise the Lord my Dad was able to walk me down the aisle, give me to Jovanni, and perform the half hour ceremony all with his strong voice and not even needing to pause to cough or clear his throat.




I couldn’t believe it! God completely restored his voice and fulfilled my childhood dream.

































Surprise #1:


When I arrived to the venue, I couldn’t believe my eyes. It was better than I could have ever dreamed. My carefully printed Pinterest ideas were brought to life in every single detail. From the lanterns and mason jars to the gorgeous arrangement of delicate pink and white bouquets by Mynt Eventos, to the handmade signs with scripture on them designed by Veni, Jova and Linda, to the perfectly arranged flower arch (Mynt Eventos) at the front of the stage, I was overwhelmed by the beauty of it all and so incredibly thankful to the team that put it all together.







Credits:
Photo and Video: The Trecreative Team: Stephen and Chelsey, joined by their team Brittney and Caleb
Decoration: Mynt Eventos
Audio/Visual and Decoration: The Ten Tu Evento Team: Luis, Juan, and Veni Cabareda, and Jovanni Ortega
Catering: Ruben Tribaldos
Cake/Dessert table: ilimoncake and Franybek Rojas
DJ: Vox Sonido, Gerry Gonzalez
Translator: Eduardo Garcia
Hotel for the bridal party:  Hotel Riu Panama
Site: Panama Viejo
Personalized tumblers: Titi @faithstorepty


The paella turned out fantastic, and there was more than enough to feed our guests! Ruben explained that “Everything will be done in love.” And we saw that so evident in the reception, as each guest was served the most delicious food and each person was taken care of by his incredible staff.




The dessert table was a vision in itself with a four-layer “naked cake”, resting on a beautifully decorated table with layers of different delicacies: mini pies, cupcakes, and even mini orejas.








Each table was decorated differently, but followed the rustic style I had described to Carlos Obaldia at Mynt Events.





Ten Tu Evento’s sound and audio worked flawlessly as they provided hands-free microphones, spotlights for the band and bridal party, and gorgeous lights illuminating the ruins. Gerry the DJ played all my requests, plus some that fit my preferences as well. Perfectly timed music and well in tune with the crowd.


As evening descended, the bulbs strung above came on and Ten Tu Evento lit up the ruins with purple and pink lights that created a sense of magic in the air.


After our first dance, there was another surprise, as Luis had prepared a live band made up of our talented church friends to sing our favorite songs. I love live music, and I was overjoyed to be dancing with Jovanni to this gorgeous music created by our dear friends: Maritzel, Angel, Max. Thanks Luis!





The surprises kept coming as Ten Tu Evento (Luis) projected our names on the back wall behind the dessert table and “happily ever after” on the outside walls.


I was floored. The collaborators had come together to create a masterpiece wedding. A setting that fit Jovanni and I so perfectly.


The best man and matron of honor speeches during dinner almost made me cry. Pastor Nelson arrived just in time to pray over us, and my brother and sister in law were there to capture it all.


Surprise #2:


One of Jovanni and I’s biggest prayers for the wedding was asking for God’s presence in that place.


And He was there.




I noticed Jesus in big ways as the bridal party prayed over us and as my dad challenged us with scripture, that our marriage would be a reflection of the gospel. I saw Jesus in the hugs and wishes we received from friends from both our church family in Panama and friends who traveled far to be a part of celebrating with us (Kelly, Audra, Bill & Melodie, Chelsey & Stephen, Julie and Casey, Mami!). I saw Jesus as I told Jovanni to turn around for our “First Look” before the ceremony, and we both cried from amazement and awe of the beauty of two becoming one.


I saw Jesus as I walked down the aisle to “Ever Be” by Kalley Heiligenthal, looking into Jovanni’s eyes and reflecting how we were preparing each other for Heaven.





I saw Jesus when the bridal party held a spray-painted hula-hoop around the two of us and prayed specific prayers over our marriage and new life together. We claimed God’s goodness and promises for our future family and worshipped him as a couple.




In that moment, with the bridal party praying around us, and the song “En Tu Presencia” playing, a tear of utter gratitude leaked out of my squeezed eyelids, and I looked heavenward.


My soul prayed, “Jesus, how do I deserve this?”
He responded gently and truthfully, “You don’t. But I love you, and I know the desires of your heart. Trust me.”


I looked down at my fingers, interlocked with the fingers of my now husband, and slowly raised my eyes to look at Jovanni. His eyes were closed, praying, worshipping with all his heart, lost in the adoration of Jesus. This is the man who will lead me, the man who will father my children and teach our family to be more like Jesus. A man worthy to be respected and looked to. A man who daily recognizes God’s presence, no matter the situation. A man I deeply love.


I looked heavenward again. When we had invited the Lord to be present at our wedding ceremony, we were unaware how much He would make himself evident, how much he would open our eyes to see him, in every detail, in every moment, in every person.


“Thank you, Jesus.
You are here.”



No comments: