About Me

My photo
This blog chronicles my adventures since my junior year of college to..everywhere. Primarily it consists of life experiences and God stories in Honduras, Costa Rica, and Panama. Enjoy and God bless!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Raining Jello

So today I get pulled aside by the 4th grade teacher a floor below me.
"One of your students has been throwing jello off the balcony."
Okay...if heads stuck in chairs and pencils jabbed into mouths (long story; thankfully I wasn't in charge at the time and the student healed fine) aren't enough, now I have flying jello.

Finding the culprit, I made him clean up the red, splattered mess and apologize to the maid who cleans that floor. Innocently, he explained that he was just trying to dump the liquid out of his jello cup, but instead his entire snack had slipped out and ended up on the concrete floor below. I questioned what was really going through this kid's head.

After he threw away the now cherry-flavored paper towel wads and returned to Recess, I went into the other 4th grade teachers' room and we just burst out laughing. The humor of the situation was unbearable. To see a jello cup suddenly come raining down from above and her students asking, "What's that?" And then, to think that my student thought it was a good idea to pour the liquid jello off the balcony..What on earth?!

Top this day off with a lightning storm and the electricity going out, and you've got a picture of my third week teaching in Tegucigalpa.

Like I said, when teaching 4th grade in Honduras, every day is an adventure. I'm learning to rely on God's wisdom and praying for His care over my students. Prayers MUCH appreciated :)

No comments: