About Me

My photo
This blog chronicles my adventures since my junior year of college to..everywhere. Primarily it consists of life experiences and God stories in Honduras, Costa Rica, and Panama. Enjoy and God bless!

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Cayuco Race

Last Saturday, we went to the famous Cayuco Races of Panama. Teams of 3-4 compete in a dug-out canoe race along the Chagres River. It was very impressive to watch! These teams coming in had been rowing for 3.5+ hours, on their Ocean-to-Ocean race. Based on my brief ocean kayaking experiences , I knew I could never last that long. So I was super amazed by everyone who competed!


 Ultimate Most (4 girls, 2 of which we knew from Crossfire youthgroup!)

 Tina (student teacher staying with us), me and Esther

 Super honored to know these girls in green! All their training paid off.

Moments after the canoes arrived to shore, someone over the loudspeaker started telling all the racers to get out of the water. They had just spotted an alligator!!
Talk about an exciting finish to the race!

No comments: