About Me

My photo
This blog chronicles my adventures since my junior year of college to..everywhere. Primarily it consists of life experiences and God stories in Honduras, Costa Rica, and Panama. Enjoy and God bless!

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Little Encouragements


After returning from Carnaval week, we had some rough days in the middle school, and I needed a lot of discernment and wisdom in how to deal with certain situations. I love knowing God is my peace and strength.

Other teachers and I were on the same page, and when I met to pray with the school chaplain about everything going on, this tension, this spiritual attack, he mentioned an idea that had been on his heart recently: Praying as a school.

Monday-Friday; March 11-15th was designated as prayer week.

All secondary students were invited to participate in a student-led prayer time during lunch. I was only able to come to Monday's prayer session, but it was a huge encouragement to me.

Fifteen or so students and a few teachers gathered in a circle next to the cross we have outside of our school and prayed fervently for spiritual protection and wisdom.

We read verses about repentance, about being distinct and ambassadors for Christ as we strive to reflect him in all we do and say, and students shared with the Lord their heart struggles and interceded for the students who had been pushing God away.

Again, I teach at a Christian school, but not every student is a professing believer in Jesus Christ as their Savior. So I have the great opportunity to not only pour into the lives of young believers, helping them get rooted and established in the Word, but also to witness to non-believing students, as I'm sharing the overlap between history and the Bible.

These verses came to my mind during that prayer week.

We would love your prayer:

For our students who don't know Christ:

James 4:7-10 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.

For our students who know Christ and are striving to live for Him in a culture which does not advocate an absolute truth: Romans 12:2 (Expanded Bible)
Do not be ·shaped by [conformed to; pressed into a mold by] this ·world [age]; instead be ·changed within [transformed] by ·a new way of thinking [or changing the way you think; [the renewing of your mind]. Then you will be able to ·decide [discern; test and approve] what ·God wants for you [is God’s will]; you will know what is good and pleasing to him and what is perfect. 

 
For our faculty and staff:
John 17:20-22 (Jesus' prayer)
 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.  I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—  I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me."







No comments: