About Me

My photo
This blog chronicles my adventures since my junior year of college to..everywhere. Primarily it consists of life experiences and God stories in Honduras, Costa Rica, and Panama. Enjoy and God bless!

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pedasi


 Pedasi: Wed-Thurs 2/13-2/14


When we drove down to our final Azuero peninsula destination, Pedasi, we were ecstatic! A touristy beach town, Pedasi reminded me of a mix between Boquete and Bocas del Toro. We splurged on our accommodations here, and I'm really glad we did! The hotel was a beautiful Roman-style villa decorated with flowers and vines that overlooked the ocean. Now this was vacation!





We spent the most time here just relaxing after our long drive, reading, listening to music, and reflecting on highlights from our trip. We took a day trip out to Playa de Toro, and watched the talented surfers catch wave after wave.

In the evening, we joined the rest of the town and several other gringo visitors in watching the Reinas parade around with their colorful polleras and their bandstand close behind them.



 Of course, this was followed by a larger-than-life firework show that lasted late after we left and returned to our hotel.

On Thursday morning, I spent some time down at the beach relaxing and contemplating the journey thusfar. I sat in the cleft of a giant rock and spent some much needed time in worship to the Lord. What an incredible reminder that He is our Rock, Fortress, Redeemer and Hiding Place.

"I called, You answered. And You came to my rescue and I want to be where you are" is the refrain that kept running through my mind.
Listen to the song here. I spent time reflecting on how far the Lord has brought me, how He's grown, changed, and formed me more into Christ's image. I surrendered again my fears, insecurities and sin. I prayed for my fellow colleagues, for friends, for CCA, for safety on the trip back to Panama City.
He reassured me that He has my future in His hands.
Psalm 31: 14-16

I left that place, singing praise songs and admiring the beauty of the ocean, the fascinating rock formations, the tiny sea creatures hidden in the crevices and tide pools, and ultimately the One who created them all.




Daily Lessons:
  • The Lord will guide your steps.
  • Be grateful--God has been so faithful, we just need to pause and recognize the ways.
  • That quiet or scripture/praise-filled time with the Lord is rejuvenating and so crucial to our spiritual well-being, knowing we are deeply loved in order to love others like Christ. (Jesus showed us the importance of this, especially before making big decisions or after ministering to many people. Luke 6:12


No comments: